After 8 Days of Hanukkah Gifts…it is my Birthday today too! Unfortunately, turning 26 years old is VERY anticlimactic in my mind! I just feel older and farther away from being able to act like college student! However, I loved being 25 years old! I became wiser and accomplished many goals! I can truly say that I am a better person today than I was a year ago!
I decided to take a moment to reflect on the past year today and make a quick list of 25 memorable moments that occurred in the past year….it wasn’t hard, which means it was a great year that I will always remember!
25 Memorable Moments Being 25 Years Old:
- Graduated my Dietetic Internship and passed the Registered Dietitian Exam = Alyson Heller, RD, LD
- Owner of my first road bike and conquered my fear of biking with clips
- Road trip to Nashville with my BFF to attend my first CMA Music Fest
- PR in the Chicago Marathon making the Boston Qualifying Time
- Family trip to Jackson Hole, WY and Yellowstone! My first trip to a National Park! A crazy adventurous trip I will always remember, including mountain biking down the Jackson Hole ski slopes!
- First float trip down the Meramec River
- Lion King and Beauty and the Beast on Broadway at the Fox Theater
- PR in the STL Rock N Roll Half Marathon
- On 12/10/12, both Olivia Jane Gagnon, my first niece, & Nora Emery Hartman, baby girl of my good friend Caity, were born
- Spring break trip to Miami where I enjoyed being a kid again at Disney World and Universal Studios!
- Joined Crossfit STL
- Started USA Masters Swimming
- Launched Simply Nutricising becoming a fitness and foodie blogger and blog member of Nutrition Blog Network, Around the Plate’s Nutrition Experts, Healthy Living Blogs, and Fitfluential!
- Became a graduate assistant for the CREG Study where I was fortunate to counsel 20 subjects to reach a weight goal through diet and exercise.
- Applied for my first dietitian job
- Completed my last Master’s class
- Ran my first and second relay-marathons with awesome relay teams, “We Run for Food” & “The Nutricisers”
- Made homemade sushi
- Became an Elf for Health
- My second nephew, Zac Elliot, was born in July! Max became a big brother!
- Did my first pull-up!
- Two of my good Gettysburg College friends got engaged in the month of August!
- Competed in my first triathlon
- Bought my first ugly sweater
- Purchased a crockpot and made at least 10 meals in 10 weeks!
My list of memories could continue! I will add to these memories when I open my 2012 Jar on New Year’s Eve,, which is filled with memorable moments since January 1st 2012!
I will never forget being 25 years old! I can’t wait for the memories I will make being 26 years old! A new job, new apartment, new car, more races, and so much more are in store for me the next 12 months! It is a bit scary that I have no idea where I will be in 12 months let alone 1 month, but I know I have an eventful journey ahead of me and I am looking forward to what lies ahead!